CENTRAL TOWNS TROPHY 2021
Sincere thanks to our Sponsor, Flanagan Properties (Tony Flanagan Tullamore) for their continued support of this Tournament
The Draw for the 2021 Central Towns Competition has been made and can be accessed by clicking on the document at the bottom of this Page or HERE.
First round matches to be playerd by 20th June. Best wishes to all the clubs in this year's competition.
The Convenor for the Tournament in 2021 is Paddy Carragher, Captain-elect. Paddy's contact details are Mobile 0872862966 and his email address is email@example.com
TOURNAMENT CONDITIONS 2021
- The tournament shall be organised and run by Tullamore Golf Club and the Trophy, which is perpetual, shall be known as the “Central Towns Trophy”.
- A pennant will be presented to the Captain of the winning Club. The Central Towns Trophy shall be presented to the Manager of the winning team.
- The competing teams shall consist of five male members, playing singles scratch match play. The (World) Handicap Index (WHS) of team members shall not have been less than eleven point zero (11.0) on 1st January in the year of the tournament. The (World) Handicap Index handicap held by a player on 1st January is the operative handicap index throughout the Tournament.
- All matches must be played to a finish unless an overall result has been reached.
- Each round of the tournament shall be played in accordance with the draw made by Tullamore Golf Club. For the first round the Club on top of the draw has three matches at home. For subsequent rounds, the Club whose number appears first on the draw sheet for the particular round being played, will play three (3) matches at home.
- No person may play for more than one Club in this tournament in any one season.
- All matches must be played on or before the date fixed. The winning club must report the result of the match to Tullamore Golf Club immediately.
- For the purposes of the tournament the area shall be divided into zones which will be determined by the organisers.
- The final of the tournament shall be played on the Tullamore Golf Course.
- The Trophy shall be held by the winning Club for one year and such Club shall be responsible for the safe custody and return to Tullamore Golf Club before the final the following year.
- No green fees are chargeable to members of a team for practice, during the seven days prior to the match. It is suggested that one free practice round be made available to the visiting team members.
- The decision of the Tullamore Golf Club shall be final on any question arising out of this tournament.
- Entrance fee of €90 must be lodged with the tournament organiser, Tullamore Golf Club by 21 May 2021.
- For further information contact Paddy Carragher 0872862966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org