Congrats to New Forest G C who won the 2017 Central Towns Trophy when they defeated the Royal Curragh in the Central Towns Final
The pairings for the final of the 2017 competition have been decided. New Forest defeated the 2016 winners, Portumna, in the top half semi-final and in the process reaped some revenge for the defeat in the final in 2015 at the hands of Portumna.
The Royal Curragh are the other finalists and they defeated Nenagh and will hope to go one step further in 2017 as they were runners-up to Portumna last year.
The final takes place in Tullamore on Saturday 2nd September and best wishes to both clubs in what should be a great final
- The tournament shall be organised and run by Tullamore Golf Club and the Trophy, which is perpetual, shall be known as the “Central Towns Trophy”.
- A pennant will be presented to the Captain of the winning Club. The Central Towns Trophy shall be presented to the Manager of the winning team.
- The competing teams shall consist of five male members, playing singles scratch match play. The playing handicaps of team members shall not have been less than thirteen (13) on 1st January in the year of the tournament. The playing handicap held by a player on 1st January is the operative handicap throughout the Tournament.
- A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3 of the Rules of Golf , for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
- All matches must be played to a finish unless an overall result has been reached.
- Each round of the tournament shall be played in accordance with the draw made by Tullamore Golf Club. For the first round the Club on top of the draw has three matches at home. For subsequent rounds, the Club whose number appears first on the draw sheet for the particular round being played, will play three (3) matches at home.
- No person may play for more than one Club in this tournament in any one season.
- All matches must be played on or before the date fixed. The winning club must report the result of the match to Tullamore Golf Club immediately.
- For the purposes of the tournament the area shall be divided into zones which will be determined by the organisers.
- The final of the tournament shall be played on the Tullamore Golf Course.
- The Trophy shall be held by the winning Club and such Club shall be responsible for the safe custody and return to Tullamore Golf Club before the final the following year.
- No green fees are chargeable to members of a team for practice, during the seven days prior to the match. It is suggested that one free practice round be made available to the visiting team members.
- The decision of the Tullamore Golf Club shall be final on any question arising out of this tournament.
- Entrance fee of €75 must be lodged with the tournament organiser, Tullamore Golf Club by 26th February 2017.