MEN’S WINTER LEAGUE 2020/2021
DUE TO THE NEW RESTRICTIONS UNDER COVID-19 PROTOCO;S THE MEN'S WINTER LEAGUE IS POSTPONED
Kindly & Generously sponsored by JD Scanlon & Co, Solicitors, Tullamore,
Commences on Saturday 20th December 2020.
The format mirrors that of last year - it is a 14 hole singles competition with the best 4 scores (from a maximum of 5 cards) counting towards the final score. It is expected that it will end in late February 2021.
This year there are some changes to the way you enter the Competition.
1. All entrants will have to declare before the round commences that they are entering the Winter League on that day for the course in play.
2. The competition fee of €1 per round will be deducted from your Competition purse each time you sign in before commencing a Winter League round. The overall fee is €5 but unlike previous years the competition fee is not payable upfront.
3. Record your Winter League score on a SEPERATE SCORECARD making sure that both your WHS handicap Index and your Course Handicap are clearly shown. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
4. Cards must be marked clearly "WINTER LEAGUE -ROUND x "
Make sure to have SCORE VERIFIED and show the name of the person verifying your score-card.
5. Cards may be submitted for play on SATURDAY, SUNDAY & MONDAY of any week from Saturday 20th December to end February 2021 (exact date to be confirmed later).
6. Over the Christmas period cards may be submitted on ANY DAY BETWEEN Sat 26th Decwmber and Monday 4th January 2021 subject to the entrant signing in beforehand (with €1 being deducted from his Competition Purse) and declaring the card to being part of his Winter League allocation.
7. There are up-to-date Member Handicap records available in the ProShop if you are in any doubt as to your course playing handicap.
8. Cards submitted reflect the course in play on the day.
9. Please enter your Winter League score on a separate card.