SUSPENSION OF COMPETITIONS BECAUSE OF THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
In an effort to minimize the risk to our members, volunteers and staff, the Men's & Ladies Committees have decided to suspend all competitions until further notice. This action will cut down on the amount of contact with money, scorecards and computers which is in the interest of safety of all concerned. This weekend's timesheet will now just be for social golf.
Members can still enjoy social golf, all the time being conscious of the precautions regarding social distancing and hand hygiene. See Tullamore Golf Club Facebook page for other measures being taken for our safety on the course including not removing the pin, no rakes at the bunkers and the air hose not in use.
Please see below some tips below to help protect yourself and others
Thanks to all the members for their cooperation in all the actions being taken. Stay safe and enjoy your golf.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
We would advise members to follow the guidelines set out by the HSE and follow these simple do's and don'ts:
- Wash your hands properly and regularly.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Kiss or shake hands or otherwise touch other people unnecessarily.
- Do not come up to the club if you are showing symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties or fever.